Monday, April 27, 2009

I totally have to brag!!!!!!!!!!!

I so have to brag about my husband right now. Our anniversary is this Friday, but he is going to be at drill so we decided to celebrate it early.

He called his sister to watch the kids for us so we could go out. He got home from work and was really wanting to leave. So we gathered the kids and left. We went out to eat and then to a movie. Half way through the movie he turns to me and says, "Let's not go home tonight." I started freaking out thinking what are we going to tell your sister? Do we need to go home and pack some stuff for them? Wait a minute how long have you been planning this? After the movie we went and got Blizzard's from Dairy Queen and I just let the questions fly. Turns out that he had already packed the kids and talked to his sister like a month ago. He also packed me too so I didn't have to worry about anything. It was so great. We went to the hotel and just relaxed and talked. We slept in, had breakfast and went shopping. I would have to say that was my funnest anniversary ever. He was so sweet to plan all of that. Usually I think that I am pretty perceptive, but apparently not cause he packed my stuff right under my nose. What a big sweetheart he is and I can't believe that we have been married 8 years. I just totally seems to have flown by.

4 comments:

Katy said...

How fun! Glad you guys got to get away and have a nice evening!

Jake and Laura Eames said...

Awesome anniversary!!! Write that one down so you don't forget.

Mosers said...

What a sweet thing to do.... going out without kids is an absolute must!!!

The Bakers said...

So funny that Matt planned a secret getaway for me the same night as Jeb did for you! We married great guys! I'm glad you guys had fun!