After the spud day fair on Saturday we drove to Pocatello to meet my parents. They had got our boys an early birthday present. It was a female black lab. The first couple of days she was really cute, not so much anymore. Jeb and the boys love her, but I think that me and Ella hold the same opinion of her. The boys just love to run with her and throw things to her. She follows Jeb around all the time when he's outside. I tried to name her Sammy. Well that name lasted for about 5 hours, then Tyson changed it to Safirra (Suffeera). If any of you have watched Eragon or read the books that is the name of his dragon. She is fun when she's not being naughty, which is like never right now. I just have to keep reminding myself that Jeb and the boys absolutely adore her. We do really love her Mom and Dad. THANKS.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Early birthday present for the boys.
Posted by Jenny Baker at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
She'll get easier! I hope ! She is really pretty!
ohhhh Jen, we have two labs and your parents were smart getting a female dog...our 6 1/2 year old lab was a nightmare when "he" was little.. he chewed "everything in site" and he dug holes.. one in my bathroom wall.. get her some bones and a house so she won't "dig to make a bed" in your yard! I don't know if she is an indoor dog but I have a book about training labs...After he turned 3 he became a lot easier.. and he was a lot better when he became an outdoor "only" dog too. We put all our kids stuff in the garage or in a large storage bucket outside so they can't chew... "Copper" got better when we got our other dog too..She is a year and half old and chews on anything we leave outside. shoes, socks, toys, hoses, you name it... she chews on rocks! Dollar store bones are great and the ones that are made of a million strings and tied in knots work good too because it cleans their teeth when they chew on it..
I do enjoy my dogs "sometimes" but I completely and totally have sympathy for you! Call me if you want to barrow that Labrador book!
Labs in my opinion are the best with kids though... ours are so protective of our kids and I lost Landen out the back gate the other day.. they didn't leave his side and I found him because of the dogs!
Post a Comment